This on-line Knowledge Hub was developed with the activities by the EU project TRAINEE
Project basic information
- Programme HORIZON 2020
- Energy Efficiency Call 2016-2017
- Grant Agreement: 785005 – TRAINEE
- Duration: 30 months
- Start/End date: 01.05.2018 / 31.10.2020
Topics on which project TRAINEE is focused:
(a) Upgrading the existing previously established 5 qualification and training schemes for 5 on-site workers occupations with civil technicians/engineers and setting up large-scale qualification and training schemes for additional two occupations related to renewable energy. The proposal is particularly directed toward coordination and accompanying measures in order to ensure sustainability after project life, through establishing Knowledge centre whose main activities will include development of voluntary certification schemes, accreditation, mutual recognition and incentives to encourage the participation of professional and blue collar workers.
(b) Improving multidisciplinary approach to sustainable construction by initiating BIM issue at national level as tool to demonstrate decreasing of energy performance gap and for measurable energy saving resulting from improved skills. This activity will target identification of the challenges and barriers as an imperative precondition for this crucial change of the process of traditional construction and developing a clear understanding as well as strategy about BIM adoption in order to consolidate collective movements of national stakeholders and decision makers towards wider BIM implementation; and
(c) Market acceptance of developed construction skills by construction companies and professional trade associations through focusing on the higher value of the buildings, improved appreciation of the end user’s satisfaction and quality of living, as well as increased market value of the companies that employ skilled professionals. Additional market value of the developed qualifications will be achieved by implementation of the procedure of designing new qualifications according to the recommendations of the national qualification framework (NQF) which is linked and is in accordance with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). In addition the methodology for mutual recognition of EE skills will be prepared and implementation of methodology will be with three countries, Greece, Croatia and Slovenia.
The proposal contribute to implementation of national qualification Roadmap for provision of capacity for training of 1.500 workers per year for EE measures and straightening the links with national Qualification platform by involvement of its 60 members in proposal activities for large recognition and market acceptance of trained and certified workers.
Specific objectives of the TRAINEE project are:
- Upgrading two qualification schemes for technicians, building managers and engineers and development of large scale of training schemes for 5 blue collar qualifications and two RES occupations (designers and installers) by establishing the Knowledge Centrefor support in development of sustainable EE market-based construction skills with annual capacity to replicate it to 10 training providers and 600 qualified construction workers (200 through training and 400 through recognition of previous learning):
- Increasing awareness of building professionals for use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) tools, in order to achieve the desired multidisciplinary approach in construction that should result with reduction in the gap between designed and actual energy performance through improved quality of construction in specific projects and to achieve measurable energy savings and improved quality of indoor environment;
- Improved market recognition of skills in the building sector and enhancing collaboration across different professional groups and introducing methodology for mutual recognition of skills with three EU countries (Greece, Slovenia and Croatia)